Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Transformations

Have you ever watched one of these home improvement shows where they completely transform your house for $2000? Well, maybe they don't do your whole house, but you know what I'm talking about. My wife is hooked on these shows, and I must admit, there are times when I enjoy watching as well. Usually, those are the times when there are no good Chuck Norris, Stephen Segall, Sci-fi shows on that I like to watch. But it is amazing to me to watch how these "experts" can come in and on a minimal budget change a room so dramatically that the homeowners are overwhelmed with emotion. Who would have thought that a little paint and a few pieces of tile could make such a difference? Inevitably, when they do the big "reveal," the homeowners scream and cry and cover their faces with their hands while the show's hosts describe what they have done. Why, you may ask, am I writing about this? Because this time of year is the time of transformation. I am amazed at the way things are coming to life around me. The Bradford Pear trees in our front yard are amazingly beautiful with their white flowers and green leaves. The daffodils are amazing as their little flowers open wide. As you drive down the highway, you look into the fields and see newborn calves and horses walking around on wobbly legs. And this Sunday, we will celebrate the greatest transformational power in the world: the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. He died so that all who place their faith in Him might have life abundant and eternal. Through Him, our sins are forgiven, and our lives are changed forever. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wobbly calves are my favorite :-)