Monday, April 14, 2008

What a Week

Have you ever had someone pray the Prayer of Jabez for you? Thanks, Charlie. For some people, the prayer of Jabez is supposed to be some magic formula for success, wealth, riches, fame, etc. But when you pray that prayer for me, you are asking God to give me more ministry opportunities than before. Thanks again, Charlie. Now I know I sound like I'm being sarcastic, but I don't mean to be. Ministry is my calling. It is my passion. Now Sonya will tell you, there are times when I get frustrated, but usually that's when it all comes at one time. This week has been one of those weeks. That's why I haven't been able to blog lately. But that's okay because I've been doing what God has called me to do. I hope people understand that I am only human, so sometimes I make mistakes and I can only do so much. The great thing about this is that you get to be a part of people's lives. You get to know them in ways that you never would otherwise. The hard part is that sometimes people fall through the cracks. So any time you want to pray for me, go ahead and pray Jabez' prayer, but add to it -- "Lord, give him the strength, time, ability, and wisdom to handle it." He always does, doesn't He?

No comments: