Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Have an Office?

Wow! I really do have an office. In fact, I have two offices. I have an upstairs office and a downstairs office. My upstairs office is large, comfortably furnished, and nicely decorated. My downstairs office is more like a study. It's not as nice as the upstairs office, but it has a private bathroom with a shower -- it's perfect for a quiet place to study or talk to some of my senior adults who have difficulty with the stairs. It's great to have two offices, but in the last 8 days, I think I have spent about two hours there. I just want to say that it's not because I'm goofing off. It's the same reason I haven't posted on here for a while. Our church family has been hit hard with grief in these last 8 days. I've preached at four funerals and attended two others. All six of these were somehow connected with our church family. So if you read this, please pray for these families who are grieving over the loss of their loved ones. But at the funeral I attended today, the pastor made a statement that really summed it all up. Here it is: "When Randy was born, he cried, but all around him people were smiling and laughing. On Saturday, when Randy died, everyone around him was crying, but Randy was smiling and laughing because he went home to be with Jesus." What an amazing thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are getting to take a break this weekend!