Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stress Relief

Three funerals in one week. Two in one day. Someone asked me how I deal with the stress, so I thought I would share my secrets. By going to a great high school band concert -- great job Drew, Whitney, Emily, and the rest of the Hartselle band students. By watching a Little League baseball game -- good games Cole and Matthew. By the prayers of God's people -- thanks Southside family. By listening to a man who tragically lost his father comfort his sisters -- "blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted," Mitch. By spending time with my staff laughing and eating sandwiches -- you are the best. By talking to my daughters or their husbands on the telephone -- thanks for being there, guys. By walking with my lovely wife around our yard looking at the beautiful flowers God has given us -- thank you, my love. By walking with the God of all comfort who "supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory." My brother constantly reminds me not to neglect that most important aspect of my spiritual life -- and he calls me his mentor. Thanks, Rick, for listening and for understanding. You're the best big brother I ever had.

No comments: