Friday, June 13, 2008

I Love Vacation Bible School

O. I., O. I'm living God's unshakeable truth.... What a great song! Everything about VBS excites me. The first day was kind of shaky with all the running around like crazy and the crying for mommy. But the teachers eventually settled down, and everything went smoothly. No major accidents. Just a few bumps and scrapes. At the end of the week, though, we saw nine children profess their faith in Christ. And I know that all of the children heard the message of hope and salvation from the teachers and workers. Everyone from the snack ladies to the music ladies to the sound man (and everyone else) deserves a great big thank you. Especially Tanya and her family for the countless hours they put into getting it all together and leading it. More than once, however, I have heard a truth spoken that is irrefutable. We could not have done it this week without our youth workers. They were a tremendous help and support. Having said that, I can't decide what my favorite part was (professions of faith excluded because that always goes without saying). It was either the chocolate sundae cake (thanks Sara Henderson), the Cajun crab dip (thanks Mrs. Mary Anne) or the Mississipp Mud brownies (I have no idea who brought them). Maybe it was seeing all the smiling faces come Friday afternoon. Or the little children painting tables with shaving cream. Oh, I just don't no. But I will be singing "O.I., O.I." for a long time.

No comments: