Monday, April 13, 2009

What a Day!

Wow! I can't believe it's been a month since I have posted. Life has been a little crazy around the Hayes' household and Southside. But it's all been good. God is blessing in so many ways I couldn't begin to list them all. Well, okay, just a few: my wife, my children (and their husbands), my church family. I could go on and on, but I won't bore you too much more. However, there is one more blessing I have to mention. Yesterday! Easter Sunday! What a tremendous worship service. It started out with a great drama and song by our student ministry which was the conclusion to their great Good Friday service. Then the choir under the leadership of Peggy Baggett. That's right -- Peggy. If you missed it, you had better get the CD. I don' t know that I have ever heard them do three songs any better than yesterday. I'm sorry, Bro. Wayne, but I have to call it like I see it, but we still miss you and can't wait for you to get back. By the way, it was great to see Bro. Wayne sneak in after the service started -- that means he's getting better. Anyway, back to the blessings of yesterday. What a crowd! The people just kept coming in. Lots of families. Lots of guests. What a blessing.

This week begins another very important outreach program at our church. Already Loved begins tonight. For the next four weeks, we will be calling homes throughout Decatur offering to pray for their needs and inviting them to a special service on Sunday May 17. From this vantage point, it appears to be almost overwhelming, but I know once we get started, God is going to give us the strength and wisdom we need to get the job done. I'm grateful for the leadership we have in this campaign. They are keeping us headed in the right direction. I'm looking forward to the many opportunities of ministry this program is going to afford us in the days ahead. So if you read this, please pray for God's blessings. For more information on Already Loved, go to our webpage at http://www.southsidebaptist.net and check under the Ministries heading.

Just so that you know: God is good all the time.

No comments: