Thursday, March 1, 2012

Going to Israel

I can hardly believe that I will be leaving for Israel this coming Monday. We fly out of Atlanta in the afternoon and out of New York at 11:30 p.m. Monday night. We will arrive in Tel Aviv Tuesday morning (around 5:30 p.m. Israeli time). I am excited about what God has in store for me, sad that Sonya isn't going with me, concerned about rooming with my son-in-law's father (Pat Andrews - only because I snore), but not the least bit anxious about our safety.

My plan is to give you a daily update on the trip and include pictures when I can. My first picture should have been of the adventure we had in packing my suitcase. I am extremely happy to say that it closed without too much effort and weighed only 48 pounds. I am also extremely happy that I remembered -- at the last minute before closing the suitcase -- that I had not included underwear, socks, or toiletries. All in all, I think it has been a successful operation so far.

I know that everyone who knows me and who knows the history that Sonya and I have when planning special trips is waiting to see if I actually go. I told our church family last night that should something happen to them while I am gone, my heart would long to be with them, but there is no way that I will be able to come back. The good news is that Bro. Wayne and Bro. Matt, our two faithful staff members, will be here to fill in the gap. Matt has even agreed to do any funerals should the need arise. Of course, as I shared last night, the only other option would be to ask the funeral home to put them on ice until I return. Please don't feel bad about that statement. Sonya told her mother the very same thing.

With that said, please pray for the whole group that is going. Pray for Sonya as she remains behind -- spending her time with Ashley, Jennifer, and Hayes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you.

Charles
{ubi caritas}