Monday, December 15, 2008

I Want Your Input!

Hey, folks. I know it's been a while since I have blogged. I'm sorry about that, but sometimes you have to drop one thing in order to juggle all the rest. Which brings me to the reason that I want your input. As with all pastors, there are multiple demands on my time. (I know, I know -- you think pastors only work one or two days a week. But just humor me, okay?) Every so often, I pause to re-evaluate my priorities for ministry. I know what I think is important, but for some reason, I just thought I would ask you what you think is important. In other words, what are the top 10 activities, in order of importance, that you believe your pastor should be spending his time on each week? Be as specific as you want to be. Feel free to comment anonymously to this blog or e-mail your response. I promise I will share the results of this informal survey in a couple of weeks. In addition, I will give you my list at that time.

And I promise, Mrs. June, I will try to do better at keeping my blog current.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that you prioritize time the way that you feel best benefits both your professional and personal life. Only you know how your time must be delegated. You do a fine job as our pastor, friend and church leader. Just remember you can't (won't) please everybody all the time. Keep doing what you do, we are all most appreciative.
Joey

Anonymous said...

1.Prayer
2.Bible Study
3.Administration
4.Visitation - first to reach the lost, 2nd church members
5.Minister to the sick and those that have lost a loved one
6.Hold the staff accountable (i.e. if they are away from the church why? is it church related or personal?)
7.Refresh and re-new yourself go to a conference or convention.
8.Counseling
9.Spend time with family
10.There will always be other things in the community, in the Church that you need to participate in for enjoyment and as representing Southside in the community.