Sunday, January 25, 2009

Belize-Day 1



Well, we finally made it to Belize. A little engine trouble kept us on the runway in Houston, but the flight was great. Gorman was a little nervous, but according to his seatmates, a couple of $5 beverages calmed him down. I think that was just a joke. But we made it just fine. It is an amazing place. Flocks of green-headed parrots flew all around us as we looked over the work to be done. They make loud noises, so Lyle said we could take as many home with us as we wanted. The sounds of nature are amazing. It is cool and crisp this morning. I am getting ready to eat breakfast, then we will head to church. I will preach for the first time this morning. Pray that God will use me as He sees fit. I believe that people are people everywhere, but I have never preached to a congregation that wasn't American. I have a message of hope and assurance. My desire is that God will use it to strengthen this congregation. The job ahead is large, but we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you all made it okay. Richard and I will be in the prayer room this morning and will send extra prayers up for you and the others. May God use you in a mighty way during the services.

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were preaching while you were down there :-) I'm thinking about you and will be praying for you! Love you! (Glad you made it!)