Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exciting Days

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted. Time has surely flown by. Sonya and I were blessed to be in Memphis last week at Kirby Pines, a senior adult community, for their Crusade For Christ. I had the privilege of preaching on Thursday night. It was great fun, and the staff there was extremely nice. Thanks, Bro. Berry, for the invitation.

Next week, I am headed to Belize with our mission team. I am filled with anticipation and a little fear. Anticipation at the good things God is going to do in us and through us there. Fear in that I don't want to come back with scalp burrowing fly larva. I also don't want to embarrass myself by screaming like a little girl when the large tarantulas come out of the woodwork or by out-snoring Gorman. But most importantly, fear of missing the great opportunities that God will present to me while I am there. Opportunities to minister and to witness and to love unconditionally. It is going to be a great week, I know, because so many of you will be praying for our team. If circumstances allow, I will try to blog each evening to keep you updated on what is happening. And if I have any pictures of the scalp-burrowing fly larvae, I will post them for you to enjoy.

No comments: