Thursday, November 6, 2014

Praying for You

Colossians 1:9-12 “Praying For You”

            What would it be like to know that someone had prayed this prayer for you?

·         Filled with knowledge of His will with wisdom and spiritual understanding

·         Walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him

·         Being fruitful in every good work

·         Increasing in the knowledge of God

·         Strengthened with all might according to His glorious power

·         And even more

As I was reading these verses this morning, a thought crossed my mind: is this the prayer that Jesus is praying for me right now even as He is seated at the right hand of God? After all, Paul tells us in Romans 8:34 that He is praying for us there. He might be; or He might be praying something even more personal – like, “Let Him make it through the day without totally messing up!” Then I asked myself, “Am I praying that prayer for myself? Am I praying that prayer for my wife? My children? My church members? Until today, the answer to these questions is “NO!” But we need this. We need every one of these things so that we can lead the kind of life that is pleasing to God. I need these things. I want these things, so I ask you, Lord, today to strengthen me with your might. You know I need patience and longsuffering and JOY! Lord, let your joy flow through me today as I minister to hurting people. And I pray this for every person who reads this because we need Your Church to know and to walk and to be fruitful and to be strengthened. Thank you, Father. Thank you for qualifying us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

            One last thing. Keep this in mind. The focus of this prayer is God, not you. Or me. He is the one who fills and strengthens and qualifies. That should give you a reason to thank Him this morning.

No comments: